Driller/Locator (Battleford/North Battleford, SK)
VistaCare Underground is a telecommunications contractor providing horizontal directional drilling and utility installation services throughout western Canada. Our operations in Battleford/North Battleford, SK have a need for experienced Directional Drillers/Locators.
We are seeking candidates who are punctual, have strong work ethic and want to work as part of a team. Travel throughout the West may be required on a rotational basis. Applicants must be safety-oriented individuals with a positive attitude.
VistaCare Underground is an equal opportunity employer, welcoming applications from people with disabilities. Any applicant who may require accommodations are encouraged to discuss this with their recruiter.
- Drilling and/or locating to specifications on maps and installing the product
- Daily reporting of activities
- Managing drilling crew
- Maintenance and inspections of equipment
- Driver logs and trip inspections
- Working in city environments
- Minimum Courses that would be an asset: CSTS, Ground Disturbance, First Aid.
- Strong manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, confined spaces, isolation
- Ability to work in a physically demanding atmosphere including, but is not limited to: carry, raise and climb a ladder, carry, lift and handle heavy equipment (manhole covers, cable reels)
- Self-disciplined, motivated and organized
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and repetitive tasks
- 2 + years of experience in HDD drilling
- Technical training considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license (preference given to Class 1 or Class 3), reasonable driver abstract
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends, or on emergency call outs as required
- Travel as required
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal record check
- Competitive compensation based on experience and skill level
- 50% employer paid comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, vision, insurance)
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Employer-match RRSP group plan
- WorkPerks with Venngo and other corporate discounts available