Construction Labourer – Halifax, NS
VistaCare Communications is a leading telecommunications solutions provider for a wide range of businesses and organizations. We are currently seeking motivated candidates to join our construction operations in Halifax, NS for permanent, full-time positions as Construction Labourers.
The Construction Labourer is involved in the installation and maintenance of overhead and underground copper and fibre optic telecommunications infrastructure throughout Nova Scotia.
This position serves as entry level to our Apprenticeship Line Technician Program.
- Perform various manual labour tasks related to telecommunication construction;
- Understand and adhere to all Health & Safety Rules established by Company and Legislation;
- Work at heights and in confined spaces and must regularly carry/climb/descend ladders;
- Operate various hand tools;
- Operate battery/gas powered or pneumatic equipment;
- Follow equipment maintenance schedule and advise if repair is required;
- Assist with safety patrolling on site;
- Regularly perform Health & Safety inspection of equipment and tools;
- Complete all forms (i.e. time reports, safety assessments, driver logs) accurately and on time;
- Maintain clean and safe work sites and vehicles;
- Maintain company assets (i.e. tools, equipment, vehicles, etc.) diligently to prevent negligent loss, theft, or damage.
- Strong manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and attention to detail;
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions, as well as rural, isolated, and wilderness locations;
- Ability to work with professionalism, interact politely with customers and the public, and demonstrate excellent work ethic;
- Ability to work continually in a physically demanding atmosphere, must be able to frequently lift and carry construction equipment / cables;
- Must be a self-disciplined, motivated, organized, and a team player;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and repetitive tasks;
- Support a safe, friendly, unified, equitable, and non-discriminatory workplace.
- No experience required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal record check.
- Wages up to $35/h.
- 50% employer paid comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, vision, insurance);
- Group Life Insurance;
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP);
- Employee Referral Program;
- Company discounts;
- Paid work travel/Accommodations and Per Diem;
- Paid training;
- Company-Matched RRSP;
- Apprenticeship opportunities in Telecommunications Line work is available.