Line Technician / Lineman (Canada-wide)
Are you looking to start a career in the telecommunication industry or take your existing Lineman career to the next level? If so, we have a great opportunity for you with our rapidly growing company! VC Communications is a leading telecommunications solutions provider for a wide range of businesses and organizations. With increasing demands for Line Technicians nationwide, we are currently seeking motivated, entry level and experienced, individuals looking to kick-start their career in our industry for permanent, full-time positions as Line Technicians Canada-wide.
The selected candidates will be provided with paid training and skills development and the opportunity to advance or further their skillsets within the Fibre Optics market.
What makes an ideal candidate? The chosen candidate will have a good technical foundation of knowledge and enjoy working with their hands in a challenging and fast-paced environment. Candidates must be prepared to work primarily outdoors, or on remote work sites and must not be afraid of heights.
Travel: Want to travel across the country while working a job you actually enjoy? Not to mention, all expenses paid! The work may be local or require travel depending on the location of the applicant. The travel component would be on a rotational basis and candidates are welcome to apply from any province.
Successful candidates who are motivated to excel can expect to progress quickly, with opportunities for advancement.
- Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures
- Operate vehicle-mounted aerial device equipment – experience with cable placers is an asset
- Placement of stands and cable – use of all tools and equipment necessary to complete work
- Load and unload equipment and cable trailers
- Outside Plant (OSP) line construction with coax, strand, copper and fibre cables
- Perform testing and troubleshooting, if required
- MUST be able to fully operate the Line Truck
- Strong manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and attention to detail
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, confined spaces, isolation
- Ability to work construction in a physically demanding atmosphere including, but is not limited to: carry, raise and climb a ladder, carry, lift and handle heavy equipment (manhole covers, cable reels)
- Self-disciplined, motivated, organized, and a team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and repetitive tasks
- 1+ years of Line Technician / Lineman related experience in a telecommunications environment
- Technical training or lineman training/certification considered an asset
- Preference given to candidates with telecommunication ( telecom ) experience in outside plant construction (OSP) and FTTx projects
- Valid driver’s license (preference given to Class 3 and above - Class 3 with airbrakes an asset)
* May be required to obtain Class 3 with airbrakes
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends, or on emergency call outs as required
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal record check
- MUST be willing to travel across Canada for rotational work (all Travel would be paid)
- Competitive compensation based on experience and skill level
- 50% employer paid comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, vision, insurance)
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)