Cable Technician (Saint John, NB)
VistaCare Communications is a leading technology solutions provider for a wide range of businesses and organizations. We are currently seeking experienced and motivated Cable Technicians for permanent, full-time positions based out of Saint John, New Brunswick.
- Installation of fibre optic cables in new and existing buildings;
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and document all cables and equipment appropriately;
- Safe and efficient utilization of hand and portable tools in an indoor/outdoor environment;
- Ability to drill all building types and install: raceway, EMT, PVC or micro duct;
- Ability to work with single mode fibre as per manufacturer/customer standards;
- Knowledge of building and electrical code;
- Ability to read blueprints and building plans and document daily records, reports and hours worked;
- Perform fibre optic testing (OTDR/power meter) and accurately record test results;
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Effective listening, teamwork, and writing abilities;
- Understand, adhere to, and promote environmental, health & safety practices.
- Ability to test, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve complex issues;
- Ability to manage workload and to ensure jobs are completed on time and on budget;
- Job planning skills according to desired timelines, including the dissection of blueprints;
- Strong manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, confined spaces, isolation;
- Ability to work in a physically demanding atmosphere including, but is not limited to: carry, raise and climb a ladder, carry, lift and handle heavy equipment and/or tooling;
- Self-disciplined, motivated and organized.
1+ years of experience in structured cabling and fibre optics.
- Valid driver’s license and reasonable driver abstract;
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends, or on emergency call outs as required;
- Ability to travel will be required;
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal record check.
- Competitive compensation based on experience and skill level;
- 50% employer paid comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, vision, insurance);
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP);
- Company Matched RRSP;
- Employee Referral Program.