MDU Project Designer
VistaCare Communications is a leading technology solutions provider for a wide range of businesses and organizations. We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated MDU Project Designer to join our team in Ottawa, Ontario.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design Outside and Inside wiring plans to deliver fibre-based systems to customers. This includes developing material lists, pricing and labour to complete the job;
- Collect information surveys for customer access agreements to aid in design;
- Visits worksites to take photos;
- Create a technical assessment based on site visit and photos;
- Upload all documents onto a shared drive;
- Requisition and order materials and supplies;
- Ensure standards are met for safe working conditions;
- Scope the work to look for safety concerns making necessary fixes in coordination with engineering and applying for appropriate revisions as needed;
- Build and manage customer relationships with building owners & property managers;
- Become familiar and understand the installation of fibre optic cables in existing buildings (Brownfield);
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and document all cables and equipment appropriately (CATV, Copper, Fibre, Electrical);
- Ensure safe and efficient utilization of hand and portable tools in both indoor/outdoor environments;
- Offer customer suggestions to revisions as requested;
- Understand, adhere to, and promote environmental, health & safety practices;
- Other tasks as may be required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong manual dexterity and attention to detail;
- Excellent work ethic and keenness to learn;
- Demonstrated Self-discipline, self-motivation;
- Organized with file management/note taking;
- Good interpersonal skills, including an effective listening skill, and demonstrating a team player attitude.
- 1 or more years’ experience performing structured wiring/installation of internal cabling of buildings;
- Knowledge of building, fire & electrical codes;
- Ability to read blueprints and building plans and document daily records, reports and hours worked;
- Must have experience multitasking, with a fast-pace of work in a deadline-driven environment;
- Technical writing;
- Proficiency in Microsoft excel.
- Valid driver’s license and reasonable driver’s abstract;
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends, or on emergency call outs as required;
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal record check.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and skill level
- 50% employer paid comprehensive group benefits package (health, dental, vision, insurance)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)