Pole Line Engineer - Ontario
VistaCare Communications has been the preferred provider of wireless communication infrastructure for nearly 20 years. We provide a complete array of network development life cycle solutions. These services include design and construction, full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
Our team is experiencing exciting growth and we have a need for a Pole Line Engineer. The role can be done in-office or remotely based on preference but will be required to attend in-office meetings.
- Review survey and pole line assessment for final approval;
- Ensure quality of work meets provincial standards;
- Stamp and sign documents as required;
- Track progress for all projects to ensure all permit dates are met;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communications skills are required;
- Excellent time management;
- Self-motivated and adaptable.
- The successful candidate must be authorized to work without visa sponsorship required.
- BS Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, or Structural is preferred;
- 2-5 years of experience working with pole line design;
- Familiar with software like SIMPAS, spidaCALC, PLS CAD, Quick Pole;
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer (Peng) in Ontario is required;
- At least 10 years of telecommunications experience is preferred or demonstration of competency;
- Engineering stamp in the province of residence;
- At least 5 years of progressive Project Management experience is preferred;
- Experience working in and leading large multi-disciplinary teams required;
- Good experience with Office 365 and Microsoft Projects;
- PMP designation is an asset.
- Required to pass a criminal record check;
- Required to have reasonable driver abstract.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and skill level;
- 50% employer paid comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, vision insurance);
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP);
- Employer-matched RRSP group plan.