VistaCare Communications is a leading commercial technology solutions provider for a wide range of businesses and organizations. We design, build, install, and service all aspects of commercial communications, including fibre optics, communication cabling, and outside plant construction. Our team prides itself on being a true partner throughout every stage of a project; from planning, to installation, to maintenance. We are currently seeking a proactive, experienced Project Manager to join our team to ensure our project deliverables follow our safety standards, are produced with quality in mind, are on time for our customer and with an eye to efficiency to reduce costs.
The Project Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Project Management Operations and is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of projects, their clients, and employee scheduling. This position requires the ability to balance competing priorities, maintain consistent attention to detail, self-manage, communicate and coordinate efficiently between all internal/external agents, and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment.
- The Project Manager is responsible for assisting with the development of the project plan, verifying that the Scope of Work is adequately represented, facilitating in the construction of the project, assisting in all project scheduling and milestones, ensuring that all equipment and materials are on the job site when needed, identifying and resolving obstacles related to the project, for closing out the project according to the approved schedule, and for bringing in the job on or under budget;
- Responsible for the creation of overall project plans and timelines based on product and scope of work;
- Responsible for the review of all construction documents for the purpose of complete familiarization of the assigned project;
- Project Manager has the responsibility for coordinating resources and providing direction to successfully deliver large projects;
- Completing all projects within or below the estimated budget. Develops and maintains cost estimates, resource plans and any other documentation required to control the project budget;
- Maintain a 100% on time completion record;
- Complete all projects to the satisfaction of the client;
- Working closely with the Project leads and supervisors in providing a clean, secure and safe work environment for all personnel working on assigned projects, and a safe environment for the community;
- Ensuring all project undertakings occur within the ethical standards and framework of VistaCare Communications.
- Develop and maintain project schedules of assigned projects and works with the stakeholders to incorporate them in the overall company schedule;
- Frequently reviews the planned vs. actual project scheduling and cost to assure these items remain under control, and takes immediate action to correct the situation should problems develop;
- Communicates a daily progress report and other project status updates as appropriate to senior management and clients;
- Monitors each job to assure that it is completed on schedule and within the budget;
- Meets with and fully informs appropriate sub-contracting personnel of the details of each project before construction work is initiated;
- Follows the procedures outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures for Change Orders;
- Establishes and implements a system that ensures a review of all Change Orders, and an effort will be made to have an authorized client signature on all Change Orders prior to starting work related to the Change Orders;
- Provides data and general assistance to Accounting for invoicing customers and contracts in progress for work done on projects, and provides collection assistance when necessary;
- Takes reasonable action to assure adherence to all applicable laws, regulations and other official acts issued by Federal, State, or local governments or agencies;
- Personally and quickly reports to the President, Vice President or an Owner regarding any claims of harassment in the work place;
- With the assistance of the support team’s managers, secures project resource assignments and will assist with work schedules, training, lodging, vacations, vehicle repairs and per diems as needed;
- Completes and/or coordinates jobsite inspections and ensures adherence to all company safety policies and procedures;
- Responds to safety incidents and/or inquiries from workers in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills (including conflict management and negotiation);
- Ability to manage people and build highly motivated and empowered teams;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to communicate in both French and English would be considered an asset;
- Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to lead the team through difficult problem analysis and resolution;
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills;
- Ability to coordinate with off-site internal agents.
- 5 – 7 years of directly relatable experience in a management position, preference for a Telco;
- Experience with client management and negotiation;
- Experience maintaining a budget;
- Operational experience considered an asset;
- Experience managing large fibre optic builds (FTTH) an asset.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal record check.
- Competitive compensation based on experience and skill level;
- 50% employer-paid comprehensive group benefits package (Health, Dental, Life, AD&D, Long Term Disability);
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP);
- Company Registered Retirement Savings Plan.